The data controller is Societe BIC, having its registered office 14 rue Jeanne d’Asnières – 92611 Clichy Cedex - France.
1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Site does not require personal information from visitors in order to gain access to any part of our Site. With the exception of Site usage information and cookies, no personal information is automatically collected from visitors to the Site. Any other personal information you may provide will be on a voluntary basis.
You may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information, or request that we delete it from BIC’s files, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. However, if you do not provide personal information required for us to supply you with a service offered on the Site, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
For California residents, see below regarding your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
2. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT; THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
When visiting the Site, we may collect data from you, including your use of the Site, and the computer used by you to access the Site.
We may collect data you provide directly to us, such as when you subscribe to a newsletter via the “Connect with BIC” page, upload a picture to the BIC Gallery via the “We love BIC” form, contact BIC via the “Contact Us” section, or otherwise communicate with us.
This data may include: title, name, username, email, postal address, and other information you choose to provide.
- The data you provide to us via the “Connect with BIC” page will be used by BIC and/or an agency working on BIC’s behalf to send you the information you chose to receive. Your personal data will only be used to answer to your request. It is not our intent to use your personal data for any other purpose. Each email received will include an unsubscribe option which will result in deleting your personal data within a reasonable amount of time.
- The data you provide to us via the “We love BIC” form will be used by BIC and/or an agency working on BIC’s behalf to contact you in case we are interested by or have questions about the picture you uploaded. It is not our intent to use your personal data for any other purpose.
- The data you provide to us via the “Contact Us” page will be used by BIC and/or an agency working on BIC’s behalf to respond to your comments, questions or requests for information by you. Aside from a reply to an e-mail received by us, it is not our intent to contact you unless you request particular information. Although we will retain your contact information in our database, we will use it only to respond to your requests.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent, or for such other purposes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We may use Google Analytics or other third party analytic tools to analyze user behavior which allows us to measure consumer interest in the various areas of our Site for product and Site development purposes. These third party analytic tools tell us aggregate and collected information such as how the site was accessed and how long visitors stayed. This information is used for our own internal purposes to improve the content of this Site, to enhance users’ experience when visiting our Site, and to customize the content and/or layout of our pages. All information of user behavior described herein will be recorded on a group basis, and such analysis may be shared with our Site development consultants. This information is aggregated and not personally identifiable. To learn more about Google Analytics and how it uses your data, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
3. LINKS TO OR FROM OTHER WEBSITES
The Site may integrate third party platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter “like” and “share” function. We can collect technical information using cookies and other technologies on our own behalf and through the use of third-party platforms, such as those named in this paragraph. Technical information may include your IP address, browsing path, operating system, and other information. When you interact with the third-party platforms, such as using the Facebook “like” or “share” feature, that platform may record your interaction with the Site. The third-party platforms have their own privacy policies, which govern the use of any personal or non-personal information they collect.
5. DO NOT TRACK
We do not track your activity on any other website, but ours. We do not use information obtained from this Site to participate in activities commonly known as behavioral advertising and we, by default, do not track your activity on any other site. Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our website is able to respond to some, but not all of those signals.
6. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Except as specified herein or permitted or required by applicable law, we do not share personal information about you with any third party without your permission and we do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information from users on this Site. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information secure and confidential. Third party providers maintain the information they need to perform their designated functions and we do not authorize such parties to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
We may release your personal information when release is permitted by or appropriate to comply with the law (for example, in response to a legally valid inquiry or order or otherwise required or permitted by applicable law), to enforce our Site policies, to exercise or a defend legal claims or to protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If we become involved in a transaction to sell all or parts of our business or assets or merge with another business, as personal information may be part of such transactions, we may use or disclose such information to other parties involved in the transaction.
Please note that your personal information may be maintained and processed by service providers located in foreign jurisdictions, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have policies and procedures in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we have implemented technological safeguards including security software, passwords and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized computer access. No claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstance or its resilience to future attacks.
8. TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored at secure locations and on servers located in the United States. We or our service providers may use servers located in the United States for back up and emergency storage of this Site. Any electronic records generated by us or our service providers during the course of your interactions with the Site may be maintained on those servers. As such, your personal information may be disclosed, processed and stored outside your country of residence, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable where the information is stored. You may address questions about the privacy policies and practices relating to handling of your personal information by contacting us by the method set out below. We retain your personal information as long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the personal information and for any new purposes identified and consented to by you, and for an appropriate time thereafter.
9. CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Site is primarily designed and intended for adults. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from or about children under age 13, and the Site is not designed to collect personal information from children under age 13.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access Request Rights
- You have the right to request that BIC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Sale of Personal Information
BIC does not sell your personal information.
Use of Personal Information
For information on how we use your personal information, see section “Categories of personal information which we may collect and how we use it; Third party platforms”, above.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or deletion twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. In order to verify your identity, we may request that you provide us with your name, address or email address. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority however we recommend you contact us before doing so as we may be able to resolve any issues with you directly in a more efficient manner.
For inquiries from Canadian Citizens or Residents:
BIC Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, Consumer Affairs, 155 Oakdale Road, Toronto, ON M3M 1W2. PrivacyOfficer.Toronto@bicworld.com
For inquiries from California Residents:
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at PIIRequest@bicworld.com.